United Way of Northeast Louisiana has established the Flood Response and Recovery Fund to accept donations to support immediate needs, as well as long-term response and recovery efforts related to 2016 flooding.
These designated donations will fuel the response and recovery action of the United Way of Northeast Louisiana during this time of devastating losses by so many households.
All funds received will be used for flood response and recovery efforts. Every dollar contributed to the United Way of Northeast Louisiana Flood Response and Recovery Fund will be used for flood disaster relief and recovery in Northeast Louisiana. No portion of contributions will be used for overhead or administration.
This fund may be used by United Way of Northeast Louisiana in the following ways:
· Support immediate response efforts
· Support the long-term recovery effort
· Fill unmet needs of families as identified by the Long-Term Recovery Coalition
· Provide grants to other non-profit organizations providing services to assist with recovery
· Increase 2-1-1 capacity to respond to the needs
· Support other actions, as determined by the United Way of Northeast Louisiana Board of Directors, to support families and individuals impacted by the flood event
Additional Giving Methods:
· Donations may be given via text by texting FLOOD to 40403
· Donations can be mailed to United Way at 1201 Hudson Lane, Monroe, LA, 71201. Please indicate a donation to the UWNELA Flood Response and Recovery Fund in the memo of your check or money order.
· Donations can be made by credit card by calling United Way at 318-325-3869.
For more information about the United Way of Northeast Louisiana Flood Response and Disaster Recovery Fund, visit www.unitedwaynela.org/relief or contact Janet Durden, President of United Way of Northeast Louisiana, at 318-325-3869, or by email at email@example.com.
To view current Flood Disaster Relief information, visit the Daily Bulletin (updated continuously as information is available), at www.unitedwaynela.org/dailybulletin.